Blockchain is a major tidal wave for the telecom industry.
Shared spectrum, open-source, electronic Subscriber Identity Module (eSIM) and blockchain technologies create a perfect storm for significantly reducing (by at least 10x) mobile network deployment and management costs:
- Regulators around the world are starting to make available specific spectrum for free (e.g. Citizens Broadband Radio Service also known as CBRS in the US) which would have historically cost billions of dollars in licensing fees. Previously unavailable for commercial use, the shared spectrum paves the way for major innovation with the introduction of millions of private networks on top of the existing few hundreds public networks.
- Most standard software modules required to build a mobile network (4G/LTE or 5G) are now available as open-source (e.g. Magma, Open5GS, free5gC) libraries to any skilled-in-the-art engineer and can be deployed using cheap, off-the-shelf hardware components.
- eSIMs make it frictionless to connect subscriber equipment such as smartphones and IoT devices to a mobile network. eSIMs also eliminate the logistical challenges associated with sourcing, stocking and distributing billions of physical SIM cards produced each year.
- Blockchain mechanisms are quickly proving to be very effective in establishing both economic and technical frameworks for simplifying roaming and building cost-effective and secure decentralized connectivity access points. By earning token rewards, miners (individuals and primarly businesses) in desirable locations (high-traffic, underserved or unserved) are incentivized to buy and host mobile network equipment, subsidizing therefore network capacity for offloading operators. Various blockchain protocols are already deployed to reshape the trillion-dollar telecom industry. Some analysts are arguably calling this movement a telecom renaissance. We prefer to just call it the Zero CAPEX model opportunity for forward-looking mobile operators.
Bloxtel enables blockchain-based 4G/LTE and 5G mobile networks.
Our patent-pending "Decentralized eSIM (dSIM™)" technology is at the core of Open6GC, our state-of-the-art Web3 mobile connectivity platform. It is an essential infrastructure component that was missing until now for building secure, reliable and fully decentralized mobile networks. It supports the following key features:
- Asymmetric and symmetric mobile network authentication
- Full life-cycle control and management by issuer (i.e. mobile operator)
- Hardware-backed root of trust with pSIM/eSIM/iSIM backward-compatibility
- OTA communication with authorized off-dSIM entities via secure protocol
- Low-latency edge-based mobile network attachment and slicing
- Intelligent cross-chain offloading and handover session management
- Energy-efficient continuous Proof-of-Coverage and Proof-of-Quality verification
- Privacy-preserving decentralized subscriber identity management
If you are a mobile operator:
Bloxtel is your one-stop-shop for efficiently navigating the complex Web3, decentralized ecosystem consisting of various protocols and tokens. As your digital transformation partner, we help you implement a long-term Zero CAPEX strategy by integrating blockchain technology into your commercial and technical requirements for deploying public and/or private networks. By using decentralized mobile networks, you can improve your landmass coverage (i.e. less dead spots) without having to deploy additional cell towers. We help you achieve cost-effective coverage diversification without compromising security and quality of service.
If you are a decentralized network:
Bloxtel helps you integrate with forward-looking mobile operators that want to diversify their network traffic offloading options. Our platform includes advanced tools that help you improve and maintain your network access points to quality-of-service levels required by offloading operators. We work with you as an off-chain and cross-chain validator to enable interoperability and seamless roaming while actively participating in your blockchain's proof-of-coverage consensus mechanism.
Bloxtel helps solve world's persistent connectivity problem.
CAPEX (and ROI/NPV) requirements slow down the rollout of 4G/LTE and 5G mobile networks, keeping about 40% of the world unconnected to the mobile internet.
According to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), 2.9 billion people do not have access to the mobile internet. "And even among the 4.9 billion counted as ‘Internet users’, many hundreds of millions may only get the chance to go online infrequently, via shared devices, or using connectivity speeds that markedly limit the usefulness of their connection.", further noted the ITU.
The digital divide has significant negative economic impact in the world, from remote villages in Africa or Asia to struggling farms in rural America or Europe. Reversely, increased connectivity penetration will lead to massive economic growth and drastically improve the lives of billions of people around the world.
Bloxtel's mission is to develop innovative building blocks that make high-quality connectivity more accessible and affordable to people and things in our planet. We firmly believe that bringing together blockchain and telecom technologies will help accomplish our mission and herald an exciting new 6G era by 2030.